Please call and make an appointment before coming in.
Procedures for obtaining a Work Permit are as follows:
- Application is job dependent - must have offer from an employer
- Parents and employer need to read the excerpts from the Illinois Child Labor Laws
- Fill out an Application for Employment Certificate (Work Permit)
- Certified Birth Certificate must be provided as proof of age
- Have Statement by Prospective Employer completed by the employer or manager
- Have Certificate of Physical Fitness completed by physician
- Have Principal's Statement by the applicant's Principal
- Return all items to the ROE in person- child must accompany a parent or guardian to the office to obtain the work permit.